Last updated by Tomas Wilsdow - February 3rd, 2021 - 05:55 pm
As a very happy user of my MacBook, I thought finding a fast, reliable and free VPN for Mac would be easy-but I was wrong.
Many free VPNs do not have native applications for Mac , which means that you will need to go through the complicated process of a manual configuration instead of a one-click download. Others are so slow that you just want to uninstall them.
But you can’t trust every VPN in the App Store-especially when they are free. I discovered that many free VPNs market and actually sell your personal data to advertisers to earn money, which seriously endangers the protection of your online privacy.
To save you time and reduce the risk of downloading a VPN that is too dangerous for you, I tested dozens of free VPNs to find the fastest and safest solutions for Mac users Each VPN in this list is provided by a trusted company, works on macOS, iOS and 100 % free.
My first choice is NordVPN, which you can use for 30 days free of charge I was so impressed with this program to the point of subscribing to a subscription for myself a short time later.
- Practical guide: The best free (and secure) VPN for Mac in 2021
- Top 6 free VPN for Mac (updated in 2021)
- Potential risks of free VPNs on Mac
- Avoid these free, dangerous VPNs for Mac
- How do I choose the best free VPN for your Mac?
- Practical Guide: How to download, configure and use a VPN on MacOs
- FAQ: Free and MacOS VPN
- Don’t compromise your Mac’s security-Protect yourself with a VPN!
Practical guide: The best free (and secure) VPN for Mac in 2021
- NordVPN -VPN #1 for Mac with unlimited data, powerful security features, fast servers all over the world and access to streaming services. Free for 30 days.
- Hide.me -10 GB of data per month with a strict policy ” Zero log “, but its connection speeds are irregular.
- TunnelBear -It has advanced encryption, but it is slow and offers only 500 MB of data per month.
- Hotspot Shield -500 MB of data every 24 hours with high speeds, but it is supported by ads and offers only one server in the United States.
- Windscribe -15 GB of monthly data with high rates and connections to an unlimited number of devices, but cannot unlock Netflix.
Top 6 free VPN for Mac (updated in 2021)
1. NordVPN-Best Premium VPN for Mac & Free for 30 Days
- Unlimited data and high speeds for uninterrupted streaming and torpedo
- Applications for macOS and iOS
- More than 5400 servers in 59 countries, including 223 in France
- Military Quality Encryption, Non-Retention Policy and Advertising and Malware blocker
- Connect 6 devices at the same time
- 24-hour technical assistance and 7j/7 via Live Chat
- Free for 30 days only
NordVPN is my choice No. 1 for Mac due to its premium features , including its high speed servers and important security measures. You cannot Use NordVPN for free for 30 days This is an excellent solution if you need a VPN for just a few days.
NordVPN has one of the largest server networks, with more than 5400 servers in 59 countries. You will always be able to connect to a fast server close to your geographic location. During my tests , I noticed that this is true, because NordVPN offers fast and constant speeds on all its servers all over the world. I got the highest speeds in the UK at 25.31 Mbps , followed by the United States with 23.98 Mbps, Canada with 22.12 Mbps and Japan with 18.74 Mbps.
I could even unlock streaming services like Netflix, Disney + and BBC iPlayer. Netflix is actually one of the most complex sites to unlock for VPN-but I was able to easily access Netflix US From my place of residence in Turkey and I looked ” Parks and Recreation ” Without interruption. Since NordVPN offers unlimited data, I have not even had to worry about the use of a higher bandwidth.
NordVPN will also ensure the safety of your Mac when downloading torrents Thanks to more than 4,700 servers dedicated to P2P file sharing. You will also not need to manually configure your device settings-just select a P2P server on the application to get a fast and secure connection.
NordVPN offers excellent security features. The encryption of military quality ensures the security of your internet connection and the strict policy of non-preservation of logs prevents the collection of your data. If VPN stops running, Kill Switch temporarily suspends internet access To keep your business secure. You can even block advertisements, malware and trackers through CyberSec I used it to block ads on YouTube in order to be able to enjoy streaming without interruption.
To ensure the permanent protection of your Mac and other devices, NordVPN operates on a maximum of 6 devices at the same time. There are applications dedicated to iPhones, iPads and Mac , and each application uses the same user-friendly interface. This makes it easy and safe from one Apple device to the other.
Unfortunately, NordVPN does not have a native application in French for Mac. If you want a VPN with an interface in your local language, Surfshark Offers applications in French.
For Try free NordVPN , do not forget to apply for a refund within 30 days of your registration. I can assure you that the 30-day refund guarantee is effective, as I have tested it myself. It took only a few minutes to confirm the refund with a customer service advisor via Live Chat 24/7. I got my refund after a week.
MacOS compatible: 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
NordVPN is also compatible with: IOS, Windows, Android, Linux, Chromebook, Blackberry, Raspberry PI, Windows Phone, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Smart TV and a selection of routers.
2. ProtonVPN-Unlimited data to connect to servers in the United States, the Netherlands and Japan on Mac
- Unlimited data for online navigation
- Native applications for Mac, iPhone and iPad
- Policy ” Zero log “, no advertising and encryption AES-256
- Technical assistance available via e-mail
- Based in Switzerland and outside of The Alliance of 14 Eyes
- Servers available only in 3 countries
- Does not give access to Netflix, Disney +, etc. with the free subscription
- Supports only one connected device
- No torpedo or P2P download
ProtonVPN provides unlimited data and powerful security features – Free of charge and without advertising. Is it too good to be true? Yes and no.
Your internet connection is secured by a military quality encryption and none of your data is collected because of the strict policy of non-preservation of logs. Even better, ProtonVPN is based in Switzerland, a country where the laws on mandatory data collection do not apply to VPNs. If you are a user of ProtonMail, an encrypted e-mail service, you will also be happy to learn that ProtonVPN has been developed by the same team, which has given great importance to the protection of privacy and to Security.
In terms of performance, the main disadvantage is that You can only connect to servers in the United States, the Netherlands, and Japan This is the smallest network of servers in my list, and it limits your possibilities if you want to access content in other countries.
My speeds were very irregular When I tested the servers in each country . The Dutch server was the fastest at 15.48 Mbps-but my speed increased to 4.92 Mbps in the United States and to 4.45 Mbps in Japan. Since free users all connect to the same servers, it is obvious that the servers are overloaded and the speeds will slow down at peak times.
As with many free VPNs, you can expect the customer service to be slow. I sent an email to the ProtonVPN service to confirm which servers were available with the free service (I saw missing information on the website), and I received a reply 7 hours later. I was nevertheless satisfied, because the answer was very detailed.
Each free user automatically gets a 7 day trial with a paid subscription. The application returns to the free version after the trial is complete and limits the premium functionality. I felt frustrated with the limitations of the free version after the trial, although the macOS application is very user-friendly and has an intuitive interface.
For Create a free ProtonVPN account , just have an email. No credit card information or other details are required.
MacOS compatible: 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
ProtonVPN is also compatible with: IPhone, iPad, Windows, Linux and Android.
3. Hide.me-10 GB free data with a strict policy ” Zero log ”
- 10 GB of data per month for navigation and torso
- Applications for macOS and iOS
- 256-bit AES encryption, Kill Switch and Policy ” Zero log ”
- E-mail technical assistance
- Based in Malaysia and outside the Alliance of 14 Eyes
- Offers servers only in 4 countries
- Unable to unlock Netflix, BBC iPlayer and other streaming services
- Only supports one connected device
Hide.me offers 10 GB of free data per month , which represents an increase from the previous 2 GB of data. The number of countries has also changed. You can now Connect to servers in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, and Germany (The Singapore server has been deleted).
My speeds were fast enough for the different online basic activities During my tests , such as Internet browsing and social networks. My fastest rates were recorded in Germany (16.27 Mbps) and in the Netherlands (10.47 Mbps), the two countries closest to my geographical location in Turkey. My lowest rates were recorded on the U.S. server at 8.59 Mbps and in Canada at 6.78 Mbps.
Free users enjoy the same advanced protection as premium users. This includes 256-bit AES encryption, a strict non-retention policy for logs and Kill Switch, which avoids any risk associated with the collection of your data. Based in Malaysia, Hide.me is also not legally required to track and record the data of its users.
Hide.me claims to offer technical assistance 24 hours a day and 7j/7 for free and paying users, but this is not true. You can only contact Hide.me through an e-mail message system. When I tested this method, I did not receive a response for 3 hours. It’s fast enough for a free VPN, so I can’t complain.
The Mac application is basic, but very simple to use. You don’t even need to register-just download the application for Instantly use Hide.me for free ! Your free subscription expires after 30 days, but you can renew it as often as you like.
MacOS compatible: Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14) and Catalina (10.15).
Hide.me is also compatible with: IPhone, iPad, Windows, Android, Windows Phone, Linux, Blackberry and a selection of routers.
4. TunnelBear-Advanced Cryptage, but only 500 MB of free data per month
- Native applications available for macOS and iOS
- Servers in 20 countries
- Military Quality Encryption and Policy ” Zero log ”
- Connect up to 5 devices at the same time
- Torso and P2P file sharing supported
- Technical assistance offered by e-mail
- Only 500 MB of free data per month
- Slow to medium speeds
- No access to Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney +, etc.
- Based in Canada under the jurisdiction of Alliance of 5 Eyes
TunnelBear’s macOS application may have a playful theme on bears, but do not underestimate this free VPN. Ownership of U.S. cybersecurity company McAfee, TunnelBear uses military quality protocols to encrypt your connection And secure your personal data when you are online.
Although the supplier is a member of an American company and is based in Canada (member of Alliance of 5 Eyes ), TunnelBear has a strict policy of non-preservation of logs. No data in your online history is tracked or recorded, so you are totally anonymous.
The largest restriction is in Limiting bandwidth to 500 MB per month . If you want to get more data to take advantage of streaming, torrenting or to download large files, you must subscribe to a paid subscription. However, I found that 500 MB Suffice for ordinary online navigation (provided you do not have access to pages with images and videos).
During my tests , I have connected to servers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and Australia, And my speed was the lowest of all VPNs in my list It was slower in Germany (4.16 Mbps), a bit faster in the UK (7.43 Mbps) and in Australia (7.51 Mbps). The server in the US was the best with a speed of 10.54 Mbps.
Apparently, you can earn an additional 1 GB by tweeting on TunnelBear, but I think this strategy is out of date. I did not find any information on the website and when I contacted the customer service, I never received a reply.
It takes only a few minutes to Get TunnelBear free on your Mac . Register with only your name and email-no credit card is required.
Compatible with macOS and OS X: 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
TunnelBear is also compatible with: IPhone, iPad, Windows, Android, Linux, Chromebook, Raspberry Pi and Roku.
5. Hotspot Shield-15 GB data every month, but with ads
- 500 MB of data every 24 hours (15 GB per month in total)
- Native applications available for macOS and iOS
- Military quality encryption protects your online activity
- Technical assistance offered by e-mail
- Supports torpedo and P2P file sharing
- Display ads during a navigation session
- One server in the United States
- Unable to unlock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney +, etc.
- Based in the United States and is part of the Alliance of 5 Eyes
- Supports 1 connected device
Hotspot Shield offers military quality encryption, a policy of non-preservation of logs and 500 MB of data every 24 hours (a total of 15 GB per month). Although this data is not sufficient to download large files, you will have no problem using social networks, browsing the Internet, or browsing your emails.
Only one server in the US is available With the free service. When I tested the server in the United States , I got speeds of 12.05 Mbps From my location in Turkey. You can probably expect higher speeds if you live in the United States or closer to home.
Unfortunately, there are some concerns about data privacy. The free Hotspot Shield subscription is offered with ads, You must therefore accept that advertisers can know your location, your device and your IP address.
The Mac application does not have Kill Switch, which means that your Internet connection will be exposed if the VPN suddenly disconnects. Hotspot Shield is also based in the US under the jurisdiction of Alliance of 5 Eyes , though the policy ” Zero log ” Prevents any activity from being followed when you are connected to the VPN.
If you are looking for a highly secure service, I recommend NordVPN. But if you only need extra protection when using public WiFi or other unsecured networks, then Hotspot Shield is a good solution. Download the free application for macOS now To surf safely on your favorite websites!
MacOS compatible: 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
Hotspot Shield is also compatible with: IPhone, iPad, Windows, Android, Windows Phone, Linux, Blackberry and a selection of routers.
6. Windscribe-15 GB free data and high speeds on Mac
- Up to 15 GB of data per month for navigation and downloading of torrents
- Native applications for macOS and iOS
- Servers available in 11 countries
- Advanced encryption and strict non-preservation of logs
- Supports unlimited number of devices
- Customer service available via Chatbot and e-mail
- No access to Netflix, Disney +, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Based in Canada under the jurisdiction of The 5 Eyes alliance
Windscribe impressed me with the speed of its servers and 15 GB of free data Each month. When I tested the free VPNs, I discovered that some providers offered unlimited data, but were slow, or promised high speeds that are not regular all the time. Only Windscribe offered a reliable performance each time.
You can connect to multiple servers in 11 countries Including the United States, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Turkey and Hong Kong. Each server is protected by 256-bit encryption, which is one of the most reliable encryption algorithms in the world.
Windscribe has always had high speeds During my tests Since my location in Turkey, I have obtained 15.60 Mbps in the Netherlands (the fastest server), 12.65 Mbps in the United States, 11.13 Mbps in the United Kingdom, 11.07 Mbps in Hong Kong (the slowest ever). All of these speeds are fast enough for most online activities, including purchasing, downloading files and even streaming HD.
As in the case of free VPNs, you cannot take advantage of the online streaming without a subscription (these services are reserved for customers of the fee package). However, you can still enjoy YouTube and other free streaming platforms.
Windscribe is based in Canada, part of The 5 Eyes alliance With the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. This means that you can compromise the security of your data if one of the governments in these countries requires your personal information. Fortunately, there is A strict non-preservation policy of logs, so any of your online activities or IP addresses is never registered.
There is one more thing-you can get 15 GB of free data each month, but you have to follow a few steps first. The free subscription is automatically shipped with 2 GB. You can switch to 10 GB by registering with an e-mail address. The last 5 Go are available if you write about Windscribe on Twitter, which carries your monthly data to a total of 15 GB.
Fortunately, none of this will take time and the installation of the application on your Mac will take just one minute! Simply create a user name and password for Use for free Windscribe .
Compatible with macOS and OS X: 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina).
Windscribe is also compatible with: IPhone, iPad, Windows, Linux, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire Stick and a selection of routers.
Potential risks of free VPNs on Mac
1. Your data could be marketed
Free VPNs still need to generate profits. Unfortunately, your online browsing history is worth a lot of money, which is why Many free VPNs follow, collect and sell your personal data .
For example, advertisers can buy your data to know which websites you visited, what products you bought, which videos you viewed. They can even identify your physical location. Your device will then be flooded with targeted ads, which will interrupt your activities and slow down your device (in addition, it’s really boring).
In the worst case, your data can be sold to anyone with the means to pay, including governments, legal authorities and even hackers.
2. Your device may be infected with malware
The number of free VPNs that contain malware is frightening. This is one of the greatest risks to online security. Malware hidden in VPN can have access to your personal data, Which can then be used to:
- Flying your user name, passwords, and credit card data
- Pirate your accounts online
- Targeting with spam and phishing
- Collect your data and sell it to third parties
- Lock your device and charge money in exchange for access
Since I use my Mac for professional and personal use, it would be harmful if my confidential files were released online. That is why I am very careful when downloading free VPNs on my Mac-the risk is not worth saving a few dollars.
3. You cannot take full advantage of your internet connection
Exploiting a secure VPN is not free. The best free VPNs therefore offer a limited range of features to encourage you to subscribe to a paid subscription instead.
For example, you are likely to Receive a limited amount of data each month And if you do so, your speeds will slow down or you will completely lose access to the VPN. Another common limitation is the lack of server options, which means that you will be competing with hundreds of other free users. Unfortunately, overloaded servers result in connection problems and frequent interruptions.
To make simple, Free VPNs cannot afford thousands of servers in the world And provide unlimited data. If you want to browse only on Google or consult the social networks, a free VPN could suit you. But if you want to watch TV programs and movies streaming, download torrents or play online, chances are you’ll be disappointed.
An internet connection with a free VPN at least is always more advantageous than a non-VPN connection, especially if you only need a VPN for a short period. But If you want to use the Internet freely and safely, it is preferable to switch to a premium VPN To get the best protection for your Mac.
NordVPN is the best for macOS. It offers a 30-day refund guarantee. This means that you can Use NordVPN for free for 30 days You can then apply for a refund during the warranty period. I can confirm that it works I even tested it myself!
Avoid these free, dangerous VPNs for Mac
1. Hola Free VPN Proxy Unblocker
Hola is a macOS browser extension that allows you to access blocked websites free of charge. But what most people don’t know is that Hola has a terrible past in terms of the violation of the privacy of its users .
Instead of managing its own network of servers, Hola uses a P2P system where your traffic passes through the devices of other users-and vice versa. This means that you could share your IP address with hackers and cybercriminals, or have trouble with the authorities.
In fact, it has already happened. A few years ago, Hola was caught using his free users as a botnet A botnet is a network of devices on which bots are installed. When you install Hola on your Mac, you essentially agree to install a bot. The person who controls the botnet has the power to control your device. In this case, Hola sold access to a hacker, who used the network to launch a cyber attack on the 8chan website.
The most worrying aspect is that Hola has not changed his business strategy since this incident. These security vulnerabilities make me very suspicious about its 5-star rating on Chrome Web Store. You just can’t trust Hola On your Mac or any other device.
2. VPN Gate
VPN Gate is a free VPN run by volunteers from around the world. Yes, it’s true-literally, anyone can volunteer to run a server with a VPN Gateway. It also means that Anyone can spy on your activities on the internet , which is a huge problem in protecting your privacy.
In addition, All your user data are tracked, collected, stored and viewed on the website For public consultation. Your IP address is fortunately private, but it is still stored in an internal database.
Even if this provider can help you bypass firewalls and censorship, VPN Gate is a bad choice if you maintain your privacy and security on the internet. The best solution is to get a VPN with a strict policy of non-preservation of logs and a network of secure servers.
How do I choose the best free VPN for your Mac?
I know it can be difficult to choose a particular VPN, especially if you’ve never used a VPN before. I have therefore compiled a list of the main features you should look for :
- High speeds -You need high speeds to surf the internet, make purchases, conduct banking, use social networks, send emails, watch videos streaming and download files.
- A large amount of data -Get as much data as possible so you don’t have to restrict activities such as streaming, torpedo or games.
- A network of international servers -Find a VPN with multiple servers worldwide, to always have a server available near you.
- Simultaneous protection of multiple devices -A VPN must be compatible with macOS and your other devices, be it a computer, tablet, mobile phone or Smart TV.
- An easy to use Mac application -You should not need technical knowledge to connect to a VPN, so make sure it has an ergonomic user interface.
I have evaluated dozens of free VPNs for Mac according to the above criteria-and that’s why NordVPN is my choice #1. You can Try NordVPN for free for 30 days , and enjoy unlimited data, excellent speeds, and access to thousands of servers around the world.
Practical Guide: How to download, configure and use a VPN on MacOs
How to install a VPN on Mac
1. Get a VPN. NordVPN is my choice No. 1 for Mac ( Try it for free for 30 days !).
2. Choose a subscription. Benefit from a 68 % discount! Subscription: 2 years ($3.71 /Month)
3. Enter your email address.
4. Select a payment method And confirm your purchase. Don’t worry-your money will be paid back to the same account when you ask for a refund.
5. Activate your account. Check if you receive an email from NordVPN and follow the instructions to set up your account.
6. Once you have activated your account, it is time to Download VPN on your Mac You can download either the native application (NordVPN IKE) or the OpenVPN version, which has additional security features for even more effective protection.
7. Install and launch NordVPN. You are now ready to use NordVPN on your Mac!
FAQ: Free and MacOS VPN
🤓 What is a VPN?
A short form of Virtual Private Network, A VPN encrypts your internet connection And passes through an intermediate server. For example, NordVPN has more than 1,800 servers in the United States. When you connect your Mac to a server in the United States, all your Internet traffic is encrypted and now seems to come from the United States.
You will remain anonymous, as your device and location are hidden from third party spies, Such as authorities, advertisers and even hackers. With a VPN, you can even bypass firewalls and Internet censorship to access websites in other countries.
Quality VPNs have even more protection and security features, such as secure servers for streaming and torpedo, advertising blockers, and malware protection. NordVPN is my choice No. 1 for Mac, because it offers unlimited use of its premium features-free of charge when you use the 30-day refund guarantee.
😎 Are the Macs not protected from viruses? Why do I need a VPN for my Mac?
There is a popular myth about Apple products: ” The Mac cannot contain viruses and are more secure than Windows.” But the truth is that Mac can be infected with viruses and malware-just like Windows Before, the Mac were less likely to be infected than Windows, but only because they had a small user base that did not represent a major issue for hackers. Since then, the Mac has become popular enough to be a preferred target for cybercriminals.
One example is the famous KRACK attack. A few years ago, users of macOS and iOS were hacked through the home and professional WiFi networks. Passwords, emails, photos and other sensitive files have been stolen . Actually, Any device connected to the Internet has been touched, including the Smart TV And images of the security cameras.
Once your personal information is displayed online, it is too late to repair the damage. Even if a Wifi network has a password, you cannot assume that it is fully protected. And everything you do on the Internet is recorded: the sites you visit, the products you buy and even your personal messages about emails and social networks.
If you really want to protect your privacy, The best solution is to get a VPN to prevent anyone from spying on you , including government, Internet service providers (ISPs) , advertisers and hackers.
Over the years I have trusted NordVPN to save my browsing history and other confidential files on my Mac. It protects me from hackers and malware, whether I’m at home, at work, or that I use public WiFi networks. NordVPN offers a 30-day refund guarantee , so you can use the service for 30 days and then apply for a full refund.
🤩 How much data per month? 2 GB, 10 GB or 15 GB?
It depends on your online activities. For me, 15 GB of free data per month are not sufficient, This is equivalent to only 500 MB of data per day. I watch a lot of videos on social networks, download, send files by email and make online shopping, therefore I have exhausted my monthly data in one day .
Even if you limit your activities online, it is always difficult to meet the data limit. The simple fact of connecting to a VPN consumes data!
Here are my tips to keep your data longer:
- Use your mobile phone: Web sites adapted to mobile phones are optimized to use a minimum of data in order to speed up the loading rate. Remember to turn off operational applications in the background.
- Browse the Internet in peace of mind: You will not use a lot of data by doing a Google search.
- Avoid watching videos: You can go to social networks, but do not download files and make sure you disable automatic video playback.
- Be careful when viewing your emails: You can read and respond to emails, but do not download large attachments.
- Use an ad blocker: The ads will waste your data and increase the time to load pages.
Unfortunately, you can forget to watch videos, download torrents or play online games with only 500 MB per day.
If you don’t want to restrict your online activities, I suggest you switch to a premium VPN. You don’t even need to spend money-you can Get free unlimited data with NordVPN Thanks to its 30-day repayment guarantee.
Can I use a VPN on my iPhone too?
Yes! All free VPNs in my list work on the Mac, iPhones and iPads. In fact, it is equally important to Protect your iPhone and iPad with a VPN .
If you have devices other than Apple, I suggest you get NordVPN. This provider works well on Windows, Android, Linux, Blackberry, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire Stick, etc. Personally , I use NordVPN on my Mac and iPhone , and I share my subscription with the Android phone and the Windows mobile of my partner.
You can do the same with the 30-day repayment guarantee from NordVPN -don’t forget to cancel your subscription within 30 days to get a full refund. NordVPN supports 6 connections at the same time so that your whole family can be protected. You can also Click here to see the best free VPNs for any device .
Can I use a free VPN for Mac in China?
It is extremely difficult to find a free VPN that works in China. It is even more difficult to find a free VPN that is trustworthy and that really hides your identity to the authorities. Even premium access providers like NordVPN can no longer circumvent censorship in China.
Some evaluation sites claim that free VPNs for Mac such as Hotspot Shield and Hide.me work in China-but that’s completely wrong. I recently tested all VPNs that claim to work in China And there are only 3 who can bypass the blockages successfully.
Of these 3 suppliers, The best VPN for Mac in China is ExpressVPN. I tested the native application For macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) and more, and it is very easy to use. If you go to China for less than a month, you won’t even have to pay an ExpressVPN subscription. This VPN offers a 30-day refund guarantee, so you can use the service for free and apply for a refund later.
Which is the best VPN for Mac (free) allowing Netflix streaming?
As I like streaming on my MacBook, I was disappointed to see that No free trusted VPN works with Netflix This functionality is reserved for paying users. Every time I tried to launch Netflix with a free VPN, Netflix proxy error Has appeared on my screen.
It’s not just Netflix that won’t work with a free VPN. You will also be deprived of access to other popular streaming services , including Disney +, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, ESPN +, etc.
If you want to watch TV programs, movies and even live events, I suggest you use NordVPN. Although this is a premium VPN, you can Use NordVPN for free for 30 days And get unlimited access to Netflix or other streaming services It also allows you to watch Netflix’s programs with French subtitles.
Don’t compromise your Mac’s security-Protect yourself with a VPN!
Finding a free VPN for Mac is not as simple as it looks. Many free VPNs are unreliable and some are extremely dangerous. That’s why I tested all of the above VPNs. With one of my reliable VPNs, you can protect your personal data when using your Mac.
But Even the best free VPNs in my list will be limited , such as slower speeds, fewer server options, small amounts of data, and no access to streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
That is why I suggest using NordVPN, because its premium features are free for 30 days You can take advantage of these advantages:
- Powerful security features to protect your Mac from cyber attacks
- Powerful encryption protocols to protect your identity and online activities against unwanted surveillance
- Unlimited bandwidth for the torso and streaming of Netflix US, Disney + and Amazon Prime Video
- Access to blocked websites due to internet censorship or firewalls